1. Why did Salman al-Farsi acted as the governor of Umar if he had usurped the caliphate of Ali?
See Hayat ul Qulub, Volume 2,Page 780
2. Were the intentions of Hadhrat Abu Bakr and Hadhrat Umar pure when they embraced Islam or do you accuse them of hypocrisy?
3. If you accuse them of hypocrisy, then please explain how can they be hypocrites in a society where the Muslims were severely oppressed? The Quraish were extreme in their cruel behavior with the Muslims. Avoiding conjectures and speculations, provide solid proofs of their hypocrisy during that early period.
4. Can a Prophet, who is divinely appointed, render allegiance to a false prophet? If yes, then give any example from the seerah of the Prophets. If no, then how can an Imam, who is divinely appointed according to you, render allegiance to a false Imam?
5. Did Ali distributed the inheritance of the Prophet (peace be upon him) amongst the inheritors especially Fadak?
6. Is it true that even the Imams didn't mention Imamate to their children? Because we find in the Shia books that some of the children of the Imams were also unaware of the Imamate of their fathers.
7. Does the Progeny include the 12 Imams only? If not, then how do you exclude the others from the Hadith Thaqalayn?
8. How is it possible that the Companions didn't help Ali when Abu Bakr was being chosen as Caliph, but they helped Ali when he fought against Muawiyah?
9. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to Ali that you are same as to me as Harun was to Musa. But we know that Harun wasn't the successor of Musa, and he died before him as well. So why do you take this hadith as an evidence for the imamate of Ali?
10. Did the Prophet (peace be upon him) gave anyother precious worldly object aside from Fadak to his daughter?
11. If Fadak had been gifted to Fatima, why did Ali sent Fatima to the Prophet (peace be upon him) so he could give them a servant?
12. If the Imamate of Ali was announced at Ghadir, why did the Imams call it (i.e. Imamate) a secret?
13. There were many sects which preached their beliefs openly, and many received punishments from the Caliphs as well. Why is it that the Shias always preached their religion secretly?
14. Isn't it true that Ismail Safavi forcefully converted Iranians to Shi'ism?
15. Majlisi says that I don't see any difference between Prophethood and Imamate. Is it really true that there is no difference between Imamate and Prophethood?
16. Why is it that Shias have very minor amount of narrations the isnaad of which reach through reliable persons to the Prophet (peace be upon him) as compared to the Sunni narrations?
17. If there is a need of an Imam in everytime who should guide the people, who was the Imam at the time when the Prophet (s) was born?
18. Do you deny that the Quraish had killed many Muslims and severely punished others before the migration of Muslims to Abyssinia and later on to Madinah?
19. If those Muslims had faced such harsh times with faith in their heart, leave their homes and families for the sake of Allah and face battles defending the Prophet (s), how could they accept an unrightful person as their first caliph?
20. Was there any need for the Imam to curse Zurarah to protect him?
21. It is mentioned in your books that Ali presented his Quran to Abu Bakr and Umar, who rejected it. And then Ali said that you will never see this Quran again. For the sake of guidance of the people, why didn't he take it out again in his caliphate and publish it in large numbers?
22. Is it true that the Chief Justice of Ali was a person who was not eligible for the post?
23. How did the Companions and their followers managed to defeat the two great super powers of the time without the participation of Ali?
24. If Hadhrat Abu Bakr and Hadhrat Umar were hypocrites, why did the Prophet (s) married their daughters and not the daughters or sisters of Miqdad, Ammar and Abu Dharr?
25. If Abu Talib was a born Muslim, why did he showed shirk when the Prophet (peace be upon him) announced the message of Islam?
26. Why didn't Ali and Hasan fought against Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Muwaiyah, but Hussain fought against Ibn Ziyad? Of all your twelve Imams, only Imam Hussain fought for the revival of Islam? Your books have mentioned that Ali said that if I had 40 men with me, I would have fought against Abu Bakr. But it is written in your books that Imam Hassan had 40,000 men with him , still he rendered allegiance to Muawiyah. And than , Imam Hussain fought with Ibn Ziyad even though he had around 70 men with him. If Hussain was fighting for reviving Islam, why not Ali and Hasan also fought to save Islam from the people whom you accuse to be the oppressors and whom you accuse of totally changing the religion of the Prophet (peace be upon him) e.g the first three caliphs especially Umar?
27. You claim that your imams are superior to the Prophets except Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). But even you accept that Abraham was both Imam and a Prophet. So how your 12 imams are superior to Abraham while they don't have prophethood.
28. There were four daughters of the Prophet (s). Zainab, Ruqayya, Umme Kulthoom, and Fatima. Were they his real daughters or not? Why did the Prophet (s) married his daughters to Uthman and not Miqdad, Ammar or Abu Dhar?
29. Wasn't Ali the helper of Uthman?
Nahjul Balagha, Sermon 30
Ali said "If I had ordered his assassination I should have been his killer, but if I had refrained others from killing him I would have been his helper."
But we know that he sent his sons , Hasan and Husain , to protect Uthman, and they got injured while defending him. So isn't it his confession from your own books that he helped Uthman?
30. Is it false that Umar was killed while praying and Uthman was killed while reciting Quran?
31. Is it true that Hadhrat Abu Sufyan had married the sister of Hadhrat Ali, i.e. Jummana bint abi Talib? Both embraced Islam after the conquest of Mecca. Do you consider both of them hypocrites or just Hadhrat Abu Sufyan? Provide reasons for that.
32. In whose era Bait al Maqdas became a part of Islamic world?
33. Do you deny that Ali served as ruler when Umar went to Bait al Maqdas , Jerusalem?
34. Is it true that Hadhrat Ali married his daughters to Hadhrat Umar and Muawiya ibn Marwan ibn Hakam but he married none of his daughters to Miqdad, Ammar, Abu Dhar or Salman Farsi? And he didn’t marry their daughters as well. But we know that he married the daughter of Hadhrat Abul Aas i.e. Umamah on the will of Hadhrat Fatima. We also know that Hadhrat Abul Aas is considered a hypocrite in your sect. Why do we always find the ahlul bayt nearer in relationships to the companions who are considered hypocrite by you but not to those companions who are considered truthful and honest according to you?
35. Can you mention few authentic narrations of Ammar, Miqdad, Abu Dhar or Salman which have been recorded by your scholars?
36. You say that Ali never fought during the life of the first three caliphs. Do you deny that he would give advices to the three caliphs in matters of government?
37. Why Hasan said "Muawiyah is better for me than the people who claim to be our shias"
38. Is it better to pray the Salaat on their time or to combine them?
39. What were the places in Makkah in which peace was granted to the people who took refuge in them?
40. Who was the Muslim caliph who defeated two super powers of his times, Rome and Persia?
41. Why do you delay the iftaar for ten minutes and stop the suhur before ten minutes?
42. Were there no believers in the Umayyads? Did they preach any other religion when they ruled in spain for eight centuries?
43. Who were the Muslims who protected Islam from the Crusades of the Christians? Sunnis or Shias?
44. You talk ill about Salah-ud-din Ayubi (Saladin) too, though it was due to his struggle that Muslims could enter Jerusalem once again. Do you deny that?
45. You say that Companions hated eachother, we say they were compassionate amongst themselves, let us refer to Quran
[048:029] Muhammad is the apostle of God; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other...
Who is correct according to the Quran and who is wrong.
Also read 8:62-63 , 3:110
46. In Iranian elections, it is written on the ballot boxes “Mizan raye millat ast” i.e. the opinion of the nation is the scale. This is a statement of Khomeini. Why don’t the Shias consider the opinion or stance of the Muslim people during the time of Hadhrat Abu Bakr to be the scale when they elected him as caliph?
47. [007:188] Say: "I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as God willeth. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil should have touched me: I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have faith."
This verse tells us that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had not the knowledge of unseen, but you claim that not only Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but all the 12 imams had the knowledge of unseen. Why?
Also read 72:26 , 6:59 , 10:20, 11:123
48. There are three major personalities in Shia sect who are called the martyrs. The first martyr being Muhammad Jamaluddin al-Amili (1334–1385), the second martyr Zayn al-Din al'Amili (1506–1558), and the third martyr Qazi Noorullah Shustari (1542-1610).
It is well known that all of them presented themselves as Sunnis to the Sunni people, and when the Sunnis found out, they killed these three persons. Later on, they were venerated as martyrs by the Shias.
There is even a narration to this effect.
Imam Jafar Sadiq a.s is reported to have said to Mu’adh ibn Muslim al Nahawi “I have been informed that you sit in the mosque and give legal opinions to people.” “Yes I do,” Mu’adh answered, “and I wanted to ask you about this before I left you. As I sit in the mosque, people come to ask me questions. When I know that the asker is an opponent of you, I answer him according to other sects opinion. When I know that the asker is a follower of you, I answer him according to what you have said about this question. However, it happens that a man whose sect I cannot recognize comes to me, so I answer him that so and so scholar says this and so and so scholar says that. Hence I include your sayings along with others opinions.” The Imam a.s answered, “Good, continue in this way because I myself do it”
Rijal Kashi, p. 164
Isn’t this hypocrisy?
49. You claim that your 12th imam went into occultation because of fear of his life. We ask , on the basis of you claim that all your 12 imams were killed, why didn't they go into occultation because of fear for their lives? Why only the 12th imam?
50. Define Nasibi. We know that Sunnis have great respect for Ali, in the ahadith books of Sunnis, special chapters on the virtues of Ali are present, apart from that, Sunnis have written many books on the virtues of Ali. How can someone who hates someone write about his virtues?
51. You claim to love the family of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Why don't you praise those daughters of Muhammad (peace be upon him) like Fatima, who were married to Uthman and Abul Aas bin Rabiah? Why you ignore them?
52. If Ali was divinely appointed Imam by God, can you give us any example, in which a Prophet has decided Prophethood through arbitration, if not , than how come a divinely appointed Imam decide his imamate through arbitration?
53. Lets first read Ali chastising his fellows
Woe and grief befall you. You have become the target at which arrows are shot. You are being killed and you do not kill. You are being attacked but you do not attack. Allah is being disobeyed and you remain agreeable to it. When I ask you to move against them in summer you say it is hot weather. Spare us till heat subsides from us. When I order you to march in winter you say it is severely cold; give us time till cold clears from us. These are just excuses for evading heat and cold because if you run away from heat and cold, you would be, by Allah, running away (in a greater degree) from sword (war).
Don't you claim that Ali himself remained silent at the oppressions of the first three Caliphs, and he remained silent while people were murdering his wife and he didn't kill them? How come the same person accuse others of the same thing which he himself committed once.
54. Lets read another sermon of Ali
A stranger incident than this is that a man  came to us in the night; with a closed flask full of honey paste but I disliked it as though it was the saliva of a serpent or its vomit. I asked him whether it was a reward, or zakat (poor-tax) or charity, for these are forbidden to us members of the Prophet's family. He said it was neither this nor that but a present. Then I said, "Childless women may weep over you. Have you come to deviate me from the religion of Allah, or are you mad, or have you been overpowered by some jinn, or are you speaking without senses? "
By Allah, even if I am given all the domains of the seven (stars) with all that exists under the skies in order that I may disobey Allah to the extent of snatching one grain of barley from an ant I would not do it. For me your world is lighter than the leaf in the mouth of a locust that is chewing it. What has `Ali to do with bounties that will pass away and pleasures that will not last? We do seek protection of Allah from the slip of wisdom and the evils of mistakes, and from Him we seek succour.
and we read in the famous shia website
... in order to crush her economic position, her claim for (the estate of) Fadak was turned down by dubbing it as false, the effect of which was that Sayyidatu'n-nisa' Fatimah (p.b.u.h.) made the dying will that none of them should attend her funeral.
but the same Ali and his wife, you claim that they condemned a man to hell for not giving them a piece of land. Which thing should we believe and which thing should we not.
55. If Umar's rule was not lawful, how come his army be God's army.
Spoken when `Umar ibn al-Khattab consulted Amir al-mu'minin about taking part in the battle of Persia.
In this matter, victory of defeat is not dependent on the smallness or greatness of forces. It is Allah's religion which He has raised above all faiths, and His army which He has mobilised and extended, till it has reached the point where it stands now, and has arrived its present positions. We hold a promise from Allah, and He will fulfil His promise and support His army.
Another sermon of Ali
You drew out my hand towards you for allegiance but I held it back and you stretched it but I contracted it. Then you crowed over me as the thirsty camels crowd on the watering cisterns on their being taken there, so much so that shoes were torn, shoulder-cloths fell away and the weak got trampled, and the happiness of people on their allegiance to me was so manifested that small children felt joyful, the old staggered (up to me) for it, the sick too reached for it helter skelter and young girls ran for it without veils.
56. We read in Nahjul Balagha
وكان بدء أمرنا أنا التقينا والقوم من أهل الشام. والظاهر أن ربنا واحد (3) ونبينا واحد، ودعوتنا في الاسلام واحدة. لا نستزيدهم في الإيمان بالله والتصديق برسوله صلى الله عليه وآله ولا يستزيدوننا. الأمر واحد إلا ما اختلفنا فيه من دم عثمان ونحن منه براء
“In the beginning of our matter, the people of Syria [Muawiyyah’s forces] and us met. It is obvious that our God is one, our Prophet is one, and our call in Islam is one. We do not see ourselves more in faith in Allah or more in believing His messenger than them, nor they do. Our matter is one, except for our disagreement in Uthman’s blood, and we are innocent from his murder.” [Nahjul Balagha, vol.3, p.648]
Why do you still doubt in the faith of Muawiyah and his men?
57. Ismailis claim that the imamate was transferred to Imam Jafar's son, Ismail, while twelvers claim that the imamate was transferred into Imam Jafar's son , Musa Kazim. How will it be determined who is correct and who is wrong?
58. Majilisi in “Bihar ul Anwar” on Pg. 123; With reference to “Nawadeer” to Rwandi: with chain from Musa Ibn Jafir, from his fathers: “Hassan and Hussain prayed behind Marawaan Ibn Al Hakam.” One of them (who were present) asked: “Your father (then) prayed again (again the prayer) when he returned to his house?” (Imam replied): No, by Allah he didn’t add (anything) to (that) his pray.”
Is it lawful in your religion to pray behind a Nasibi?
59. It should be a known fact that Umar (RA) consulted Ali (RA) in the decision of Umar (RA) going to fight the Romans leading the Muslim army. Ali (RA) advised Umar (RA) to not to go to the war by saying that he was the protection for the Arabs, he was a significant person among ‘us’. So basically Ali (RA) said to Umar (RA) ‘Don’t go’. Umar (RA) then obeyed Ali (RA) in his consultation and he did not go. [Source – Nahjul Balagha-2nd Vol.-Pg. 18 and 30]
So, Ali (RA) advised Umar (RA) to not to go to the war because the Romans were eager to kill him and he may remain in the city. Isn’t this the same Umar (RA), who according to the Shias killed the wife and an unborn child of Ali (RA)? Why was Ali (RA) so much concerned about Umar who according to Shias was the killer of Fatima.
60. When the leadership was granted to Ali (RA), he said ‘I have no desire to accept it. Except you have forced me to accept it and you urged me and encouraged me to be the leader. Otherwise, I have no desire for it.’ [Source- Nahjul Balagha-Pg. 322, Al-Amali by Al Toosi-Pg. 732, Bihar-ul-Anwar-Vol. 32-Pg. 30]
So, Ali (RA) had no desire for the leadership and he only became the Khalifa just for the fact that he was forced, urged and encouraged? Was Ali (RA) doing Taqqiyah here?
61. It should be a known fact that Umar (RA) consulted Ali (RA) in the decision of Umar (RA) going to fight the Romans leading the Muslim army. Ali (RA) advised Umar (RA) to not to go to the war by saying that he was the protection for the Arabs, he was a significant person among ‘us’. So basically Ali (RA) said to Umar (RA) ‘Don’t go’. Umar (RA) then obeyed Ali (RA) in his consultation and he did not go. [Source – Nahjul Balagha-2nd Vol.-Pg. 18 and 30]
So, Ali (RA) advised Umar (RA) to not to go to the war because the Romans were eager to kill him and he may remain in the city. Isn’t this the same Umar (RA), who according to the Shias killed the wife and an unborn child of Ali (RA)? Isn’t this the same Umar (RA), who according to the Shias is the killer of the Queen of the paradise and the beloved daughter of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) whom he loved so much?
Was Ali (RA) using Taqqiyah here? We wonder.
62. It is a very well known fact that after the death of Uthman (RA), the people [mainly Ali’s (RA) supporters] said to Ali (RA) that now the leadership is his, he must take it. To this what Ali (RA) replied was ‘No, leave me and seek someone other than me for it is better for you that I be a minister for you, not to be a leader over you. And I hope that I will be the most submissive one to listen to your orders and to be obedient to the one whom you may select to be your leader. For me as to be a minister, an assistant is better than being a leader over you.’
So, that’s significant. How do you explain this? You say that the status of Imamate, it was descended from Allah (SWT) and Allah (SWT) mentions the name of the leader and so it is a matter of obligation. No one should reject. So, what about Ali (RA)? If Allah (SWT) assigned Ali (RA) to be Khalifa, you do not allow me to reject it but you allow Ali (RA) to reject it? [Source – Nahjul Balagha – Pg. 181]
63. Did any Prophet gave allegiance to a Kafir or apostate? If not, than why did Hasan and Hussain gave allegiance to Muawiyah?
According to Shias, Imam Mahdi is superior to Isa (AS) because Isa (AS) will pray behind Imam Mahdi.
Majilisi in “Bihar ul Anwar” on Pg. 123; With reference to “Nawadeer” to Rwandi: with chain from Musa Ibn Jafir, from his fathers: “Hassan and Hussain prayed behind Marawaan Ibn Al Hakam.” One of them (who were present) asked: “Your father (then) prayed again (again the prayer) when he returned to his house?” (Imam replied): No, by Allah he didn’t add (anything) to (that) his pray.”
So, then here who is superior to according to the Shia theory?
64. It is a very well known fact that after the death of Uthman (RA), the people [mainly Ali’s (RA) supporters] said to Ali (RA) that now the leadership is his, he must take it. To this what Ali (RA) replied was ‘No, leave me and seek someone other than me for it is better for you that I be a minister for you, not to be a leader over you. And I hope that I will be the most submissive one to listen to your orders and to be obedient to the one whom you may select to be your leader. For me as to be a minister, an assistant is better than being a leader over you.’
How can any Imam say this when he is divinely appointed by God? [Source – Nahjul Balagha – Pg. 181]
65. According to your beliefs, Imam Mehdi is still alive and is in occultation. Why does he need to remain in occultation in the present times even when there are Shia countries which are militarily strong e.g. Iran, Iraq and Lebanon?
66. If Imam Mehdi is still alive, and according to your beliefs he is interacting with some special persons as well, why don’t we find any narrations from him or any of his sayings recently?
67. How can Imam Mehdi be compared with Hadhrat Khidhr (as) when Hadhrat Khidhr doesn’t have any duty to guide people but instead it is the duty of Imam Mehdi to guide people?
68. If the Shia view is true that Hadhrat Abu Bakr and Hadhrat Umar usurped the caliphate from the first Imam of Shias, it means that their crime was bigger than the crime of Yazeed. Why is it that your imams rendered allegiance to Hadhrat Abu Bakr and Umar but not Yazeed?
69. If your imams have to preach to the common people through his fallible representatives, how can you claim that your religion is more trustworthy as compared to the religion of the mainstream Muslims, when they got their religion of the infallible Prophet (s) through his fallible companions?
70. What kind of Bada occurred to Imam Jafar regarding his sons Ismail and Musa? Didn’t he know the exact names of the twelve Imams?
71. The final message of the God has to be in the most preserved form so that the people could follow it without any ambiguity? But according to your preachings, the final message of God has been distorted so much that majority of the Muslims (according to your beliefs) are following the major opponents of your infallible Imams. Don’t you agree that the final message needed to be much more preserved?
72. The term Ahlul bayt linguistically include the wives of the Prophet (s). But you exclude them from the ahlul bayt because of the verse 33 of Surah Ahzab. But why do you include the rest of your 12 imams in ahlul bayt who were not even born when this verse was revealed?
73. Why did Ali chose to be appointed as Caliph by the Sunni concept of Shura as mentioned in Nahjul Balagha?
74. If the sequence of verses in a book is purposefully altered so as to give a completely different meaning of text, can we say that the book is distorted?
75. Ignoring the narrations, some of your scholars clearly mentioned in their own books that the Holy Quran has been distorted. No Sunni has stated in his book that the Holy Quran has been distorted. Do you accept or deny?
76. If you accept, what is your view about such scholars of your sect?
77. The Prophet (s) must have been told by the God about what is going to happen in his ummah. Why didn’t he clearly dissociated from those persons who were going to cause trouble later on?
78. How many authentic narrations from the Holy Prophet (s) and Hadhrat Fatima can be found in your books? Can you mention thirty narrations from both of them?
79. Can you mention ten trustworthy (i.e. Thiqah) narrators of your sect who saw the twelfth Imam?
80. How many books of your imams are correctly attributed to them which are not distorted?
81. Is taqiyyah compulsory or optional? Can it be practiced even when there is no fear of life?
82. Why did none of your Imams bring out the correct Holy Quran which was hidden by Ali? What purpose was achieved as a result of it?
83. If Imams are greater than the Prophets, why don’t we find the names of Imams of the previous nations in the Holy Quran as we find the names of the prophets in the Holy Quran?
84. Allah revealed the following verse regarding Hadhrat Aisha.
Those who charge with slander those Believing women, who are chaste but simple souls, are accursed in this world and in the Hereafter: there is a great punishment for them. They should not forget the Day when their own tongues and their own hands and test will bear testimony in regard to their misdeeds. On that Day Allah will give them the full recompense they deserve, and they will realize that Allah is the very Truth, Who makes the Truth manifest. (Quran Surah Noor, Verse 23-25)
In this verse, the word “believing women” has been used. This verse was revealed on a slander was levied against Hadhrat Aisha. God not only declared her chaste through indirect reference but also a believing woman. We know this because this verse was revealed on the very occasion when the slander was levied against her only. This word negates any kind of hypocrisy or bad character from her personality.
What is your view on it?
85. Majlisi writes in his book Mirat ul Uqool
بيان : لعل المعنى أنه صلى الله عليه وآله إنما لم يطلقن ابتداء ، بل خيرهنأي إنما لم يطلقهن ابتداء بل خيرهن، لأنه صلى الله عليه و آله كان يحب عائشة لحسنها و جمالها
Perhaps the meaning is that he did not directly divorce them, rather he offered them a choice, since he, peace be upon him, used to love A’isha for her beauty.
Mirat ul Uqool, Vol 21, p 233
Even in Nahjul Balagha, we read that Hadhrat Ali is attributed to have said regarding Hadhrat Aisha
وَلَهَا بَعْدُ حُرْمَتُهَا الاُولَى
She has the same respect as she had earlier on.
Nahjul Balagha, sermon 155
From this we know that she was a woman of moral decency and a ‘simple soul’, as proven from the Holy Quran, and she was not only beautiful but also the Prophet (s) loved her due to her beauty, as proven from Majlisi’s book. Hadhrat Ali also mentioned that she has the same respect as she had before the incident of the battle of Jamal.
But we see that Shias don’t respect her and hence not following the Holy Quran and their Imams. Do you agree?
86. If the Holy Imam is in occultation, he needs to have some representatives atleast who can guide the common people. Who are the representatives of the twelfth Imam and what is the proof that they are his representatives.
87. What was the date of incident of Ghadeer? Was it before the sermon of Arafat or after it? Can you mention the exact dates of the two events?
88. Did the Prophet (s) mention anything about Imamate during the sermon of Arafat? Provide reference if any.
89. Was Fadak a gift or inheritance? If it was a gift, why did Hadhrat Fatima claimed it as inheritance?
90. Did Hadhrat Ali returned Fadak to its actual owners when he became the caliph?
91. It is a common practice that a will is made regarding inheritance. Is there any will of the Prophet (s) present regarding inheritance?
92. We read in Usul al-Kafi
“The Prophets did not leave dinars and dirhams as inheritance, but they left knowledge.” (al-Kafi, vol. 1 p. 42)
The authenticity of this narration is confirmed by Ayatollah Khomeini, who used this Hadith to prove his claim of Wilayat al-Faqih. Khomeini said about the Hadith: “The narrators of this tradition are all reliable and trustworthy. The father of ‘Ali ibn Ibrahim is not only reliable, [but in fact] he is one of the most reliable and trustworthy narrators.” (Khomeini, al-Hukumat al-Islamiyyah, p. 133)
Why don’t you agree with this authentic narration of your hadith book?
93. The Prophet (s) made Hadhrat Abu Bakr the ameer of Hajj in 9th Hijri. Do you deny this?
94. The Imams named their sons after the names of the first three caliphs and other companions of the Prophet (s) whom the Shias dislike. The Shias don’t name their sons after the first three caliphs. What has brought this difference between the imams and their followers?
95. Can you cite any reference when Caliph Ali opposed the prayer of Tarawih in congregation which you think is an innovation started by Caliph Umar?
96. Mukhtar al-Thaqafi was condemned by Shia imams in authentic narrations. Even still, Baqir Majlisi says in Jila ul Uyun that it is better to remain silent regarding him. On the other hand, the Shias today praise him as the champion of their cause. Even a sect Kaysaniyyah considered him to be the Mehdi. Do you deny the atrocities and especially his various claims regarding being the Mehdi?
97. Were the major followers of Caliph Ali Sunnis or Shias?
98. If the majority of them were Shias, why couldn’t he change some of the so called innovations which were started by the previous three caliphs.
99. And if majority of them were Sunnis, how did that happen? He had fought in the battle of Jamal and Siffin against Hadhrat Aisha and Hadhrat Muawiyah. It means that he was not practicing Taqiyyah in order to show his authority and defend his caliphate. In spite of that, how did majority of his followers become Sunnis?
100. Why was saying the true name of Imam Mehdi made haram by your Imams? Isn’t it true that he went into occultation right after the death of his father? So if he had been named, he would still have gone into occultation. And the Shias also claim that the Abbasids were pursuing him after the death of Imam Hassan Askari. And we also know that Imam Hassan Askari had no son apart from him. The people would have already known that the supposed twelfth caliph was that one child. So what is this matter of not naming him in public or otherwise?